- Slide from the left or right edge of the screen to navigate back or forward.
Pull-to-refresh also works from the navigation bar, no need to scroll to the top.
Slide any article list entry to toggle un/read or un/starred.
See Settings for more options.
Slide any folder list entry to get to all articles of the folder instead of the feed list.
If you'd prefer this to work the other way around, you can change this in the Settings.
A swipe from the right edge in the article viewer or in-app browser will open the services panel.
Slide right or left on the toolbar of the in-app browser to go back or forward a page.
- Tap-and-hold on an article list entry to mark above or below as read.
- Tap-and-hold on a feed list entry for subscription edit options.
- Tap-and-hold on the back button to go back to the accounts list.
View Modes / Filters
- Only show starred items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing starred articles. The count displayed is the number of starred items.
- Only show unread items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing unread articles. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
- Show all items. The subscriptions list will show all feeds. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
If you don't want Reeder to display unread or starred counts in the app, you can disable these, see "Settings"→"General".
What's the difference between Reeder and Reeder 2?
The main goal of Reeder 2 was to bring the iPad version up-to-date. At first, the plan was to do an iPad only update. On the iPad, it's a completely new app, finally adding support for multiple services.
Reeder for iPhone is still available in the App Store. That said, if you only use Reeder on your iPhone there's no need to upgrade unless you like the new UI, of course.
Reeder 2 is just the beginning, think of it as the initial release of a new app. More will come.
Why is there no upgrade price?
That's not possible in the App Store. As a compromise, Reeder 2 is a universal app.
Why isn't Reeder 2 a free update?
I started working on Reeder 2 last winter. If this had been a free update, I probably wouldn't have finished it.
Where is landscape mode for iPhone?
This is coming with 2.1 (already submitted) for videos and images.
Where is the "Group by Feed" option in the article list?
This is coming with 2.1 (already submitted).
Will you add support for [Some Service]?
The plan is to add support for more services soon but I can't say yet which and when.
Where is Reeder for Mac?
Reeder for Mac still needs a lot of work. The plan is to have a public beta sometime this autumn.