Crash on launch
Reeder fails to validate since a couple of days (Feb 15) and crashes on launch. Reinstalling from the App Store should fix this:
- Move Reeder.app from the Applications folder to the trash (not in Launchpad and not with an uninstaller app as these usually cause issues)
- Re-download from the App Store
View modes / filters
- Only show starred items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing starred articles. The count displayed is the number of starred items.
- Only show unread items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing unread articles. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
- Show all items. The subscriptions list will show all feeds. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
If you don't want Reeder to display unread or starred counts in the app, you can disable these, See "Reeder"→"Preferences"→"Appearance".
Ordering/grouping options for the article list
See menu "View"→"Group Items" to change the grouping of items (by date or by feed).
See menu "View"→"Sort Unread Items" to change to order of items in the article list. Please note that this option only applies to the unread view mode (see "View modes / filters" above).
Gestures don't work
The horizontal pan navigation requires a Trackpad (two fingers) or a Magic Mouse (one finger).
If the customizable three-finger gestures don't work as expected, make sure to follow the instructions in
Most shortcuts in Reeder are customizable.
Per account settings
A lot of settings (for example sync interval) can be set individually per account.
No articles are fetched when syncing with Fever
Please login to the web app and mark (some of) your Sparks as read. There’s currently an issue if you have (way) too many unread items (thousands should be fine). Unfortunately, it’s not something that can be fixed in Reeder at this point.
For the rare case that Reeder doesn't work anymore, doesn't display any content or is crashing on launch, you can reset all settings and application data. To perform a reset, press and hold alt/option while launching Reeder. If Reeder is still launching, you can also reset the app by invoking "Reeder"→"Reset Reeder…".
Please note that a reset can't be undone. Also, when re-adding your accounts, Reeder will only sync starred and unread items.