Problems when installing Reeder from the App Store
If you downloaded the public beta of Reeder, please make sure to delete the app (in the Finder, not Launchpad) and disconnect all external backup drives before installing the release version from the App Store.
If it still doesn't work, please try the following:
- In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G
into the textfield and click Go
- Look for the folder Reeder 2000.02.0X (probably Reeder 2000.02.07) in Reeder
- If there's a copy of Reeder.app in there, move it to the trash.
- Install Reeder from the App Store
- Optional: Reboot the system to make sure there aren't any issues with the preferences (see the entry "Preferences aren't saved" below)
Please send me an email in case this still does not resolve this issue.
Preferences aren't saved
I'm not sure yet what exaclty is causing this issue but a reboot (of the OS) should fix this.
No articles are fetched when syncing with Fever
Please login to the web app and mark (some of) your Sparks as read. There’s currently an issue if you have (way) too many unread items (thousands should be fine). Unfortunately, it’s not something that can be fixed in Reeder at this point.
Gestures don't work
The horizontal pan navigation requires a Trackpad (two fingers) or a Magic Mouse (one finger).
If the customizable three-finger gestures don't work as expected, make sure to follow the instructions in
Most shortcuts in Reeder are customizable.
Per account settings
A lot of settings (for example sync interval) can be set individually per account.
View modes / filters
- Only show starred items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing starred articles. The count displayed is the number of starred items.
- Only show unread items. The subscriptions list will only show feeds containing unread articles. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
- Show all items. The subscriptions list will show all feeds. The count displayed is the number of unread items.
If you don't want Reeder to display unread or starred counts in the app, you can disable these, See "Reeder"→"Preferences"→"Appearance".
Ordering/grouping options for the article list
See menu "View"→"Group Items" to change the grouping of items (by date or by feed).
See menu "View"→"Sort Unread Items" to change to order of items in the article list. Please note that this option only applies to the unread view mode (see "View modes / filters" above).
For the rare case that Reeder doesn't work anymore, doesn't display any content or is crashing on launch, you can reset all settings and application data. To perform a reset, press and hold alt/option while launching Reeder. If Reeder is still launching, you can also reset the app by invoking "Reeder"→"Reset Reeder…".
Please note that a reset can't be undone. Also, when re-adding your accounts, Reeder will only sync starred and unread items.